The Blackwell Clinic Ltd – Registered in England & Wales
Our company registration number is 14649254.
Please ensure you have read and fully understood the terms on which The Blackwell Clinic provides its service, website usage and skincare product purchase and returns.
Please ensure the terms and conditions are read before booking an appointment or purchasing products.
- The Blackwell Clinic is not an emergency service, if you have chest pain, breathing difficulties or life threatening symptoms or feel you need immediate medical attention please do not book an appointment, please dial 999 or attend your nearest A&E
- A Private appointment does not guarantee a prescription or a treatment. A prescription will be provided only if it is clinically indicated and both treatments and prescriptions are at the doctor’s discretion.
- The cost of the private prescription with a pharmacy can vary and it is the responsibility of the patient and not the clinic to pay prescription charges
- There are penalty fees for late cancellations (less than 24 hours), missed appointment and late arrivals. The Blackwell Clinic will accommodate patients where possible. Please read above section for more details.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to provide full and accurate information to the doctor / nurse during their consultation. It is essential that you provide all of your medical history, medications and allergies accurately when asked during your consultation or complete documentation at The Blackwell clinic.
- Please ensure that each time you visit the clinic your details are up to date. It is your responsibility to ensure you have provided The Blackwell Clinic with accurate and up to date information. This is to ensure we provide you with the best advice and care possible while also ensuring the treatments and products we advise are safe for you to use.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION
- All appointments are booked via our booking platform. Booking can not be made via telephone or email
- Cancellation within 24 hours of your appointment, may result in a late cancellation fee of £50
- The full amount of the consultation or treatment or a deposit will be taken at booking.
- Consultation cost are refundable if the appointment is cancelled before 24 hours. If the appointment is changed (less than 24 hours from the appointment time), cancelled or missed then a £50 admin fee is applied
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we kindly ask that you email us at email@example.com within 48 hours of your appointment or change via booking platform . Your deposit can be refunded by the same method of payment or credited on your account for use towards future consultations/ treatments or product costs.
- Failure to cancel your appointment, or not showing up to your appointment will result in your deposit / consultation cost being forfeit and non-refundable.
- Please arrive at least 10 mins before your appointment so the appropriate paperwork can be completed. We will try to accommodate late arriving clients where possible, however this will be at the discretion of the clinician (doctor) and dependent on the clinic capacity. Late arrivals of more than 15 mins appointment from the booking time of your appointment will be classed as a no show (missed appointment) and your deposit will be forfeit and non-refundable.
- Where specific products are ordered for treatment such as dermamelan/ cosmelan / skin kits / blemiderm / mesoeclat and the appointment is cancelled with short notice and not reschedules it will be up to the clinics discretion to charge for the products ordered specifically for the patient on their behalf.
APPOINTMENTS AND CANCELLATION
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted within the aesthetic clinic in blackheath.
- Children must be accompanies at all times by a responsible adult
- Pets are also not permitted, apart from guide dogs.
- Please arrive for your appointment at least 10 mins before your appointment to complete necessary documentation such as your demographic details and medical details. Patients who are known to The Blackwell Clinic, will ideally arrive at least 5 mins in advance of their appointment to ensure none of their details have changes
- We will inform you of any preparation required prior to your appointment.
- If you are more then 15 minutes late your appointment maybe cancelled. You can book a further appointment online; however, a further £50 deposit will need to be paid.
- The Blackwell Clinic reserves the right to cancel or postpone a consultation or treatment. We will endeavour to ensure your appointment is rebooked as soon as possible.
TREATMENTS / PROCEDURES PAYMENTS
- All treatments are paid up front before the treatment is performed by the clinician
- If the clinician has a concern about capacity (ability to understand and comprehend the treatment or procedure/risks/benefits to arrive at an informed decision), it is within the clinicians right to stop /not to perform the procedure / treatment and reassess your understanding. If they are continued concerns about capacity the treatment maybe delayed or abandoned. A full explanation will be provided. A charge for the may still be applied.
- Written or verbal consent will be obtained before a treatment / procedure. This can be withdrawn at any time of you feel you do not want to proceed. Please inform the clinician that you withdraw your consent and have changed your mind. it is within your right to do this at any time.
- If a deposit is taken at booking and the remaining amount is taken during your consultation before the treatment is started
- Payment is made via online booking portal, card or BACs payment. We do not accept cash.
- All treatments which are purchased as a course are paid in full in advance of commencing the first treatment.
- Course of treatments must be used within a 12-month period of purchase except courses of 10 treatments which must be used within 18 months. Treatments not used during this time are non-refundable. There is also no option to roll over any outstanding treatment sessions.
- Expired packages of treatments can not be credited or refunded
- Treatment courses which have started cannot be refunded. However, if you choose to cancel your course after it has commenced, the remaining value will be credited to your account after the full amount of the individual treatments completed have been deducted. As treatment courses (packages) are usually discounted, each treatments session already completed will be charged at the full listed price for a single session.
- Your account credits are not transferrable to other clients.
- The Blackwell Clinic will in most part only provide treatment to adults over the age of 18.
- Chemical peel treatment maybe considered for patients 16-17, however they would need parental consent and the decision to treat will be down to the aesthetic practitioner and assessed on an individual basis.
- It is against the law to use Dermal fillers in someone under the age of 18.
- The Blackwell Clinic will typically not perform any other injectable treatments on any persons under the age of 18.
- A complementary review is offered, ideally 2 weeks after anti-wrinkle toxin injection. This can be booked up to 3 weeks but typically no earlier than 10 days after injection
- Adjustments can be made at review free of charge, only if it is the same area which was treated prior and total units used have not exceeded 50 units (which is the standard unit price charge for up to 3 area on the face). Reviews where further units are required over 50 units or are after 3 weeks will attract an additional charge (typically £100). However this will be assessed individually based on the additional units used.
- Filler injections and injectable skincare are charged per ml (0.55/1/2/3/4) and will depending on the product, treatment performed or area injected. The practitioner will do their best to advise and estimate on the amount of filler required to achieve the desired results. Additional filler maybe purchased at the advertised rate.
- There is no guarantee all the filler will be used. Unused filler cannot be transferred to treatment on another day. Additional areas treated on the day will be at the discretion of the aesthetic practitoner and will be dependent on the product used as it may not be suitable for placement elsewhere.
- We recommend booking a Treatment Consultation first as booking a treatment without prior consultation will be subject to suitability which will be assessed by the clinician. There is no guarantee that the treatment will be performed if it is deemed unsuitable or unsafe by the assessing doctor.
REFUNDS – PLEASE ALSO READ REFUND POLICY FOR GOODS
- Information about refunds in relation to cancellation and late appointments are covered above
- Refunds and exchanges are not possible on prescription products.
- Due to the nature of the products we sell certain skincare products cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Opened products cannot be refunded for any reason unless they are defective
- Products bought as part of a skincare kit or homecare kit in relation to an in-clinic treatment or purchased via the skincare store, can not be individually refunded. If faulty we will contact the supplier / manufacturer to arrange an exchange or replacement, if appropriate.
- Refunds if cancellation before 24 hours and payment has been made, will be provided by the same method of payment less the online / card payment transaction fee
PROMOTIONS AND PRICING
- Promotional offers can not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless specifically stated
- All treatment, products and offers are subject to availability
- Prices can change at any time without notice. If a treatment or product has already been purchased, we are under no obligation to alter the price if payment has been completed and the product or services has already been purchased.
- If a pricing error has occurred, The Blackwell Clinic reserves the right to not proceed with the sale
- The Blackwell Clinic will not provide refunds on treatments that have been provided in good faith. Refunds on treatments where an adverse reaction has been experienced will be at the discretion of The Blackwell Clinic and the treating clinician.
PROBLEMS WITH TREATMENT
- Any problems with treatments performed (or products purchased) from The Blackwell Clinic MUST be reported as soon as they are discovered. This can occur via email at firstname.lastname@example.org ideally with photos, where relevant. You can also leave us a voicemail message (please see our contact us page for contact information) regarding your concerns. You will be reviewed as soon as possible, ideally by the practitioner who treated you and if necessary, in person.
- Most problems resolve without longterm complications if they are dealt with promptly. The Blackwell Clinic can not be held responsible for problems that occur or are made worse due to a lack of reporting / updating / follow up or if medical advice given by The Blackwell Clinic Is not followed.
- As a clinic we strive to provide the best possible service for our patients and clients. However, we recognise that sometimes you may feel that we have not met your needs.
- Please send all complaints in writing to email@example.com and title the email complaint. Please put as much detail as possible. A written acknowledgement, by email, will ordinarily be made within 2 working days of receipt of the complaint (unless a full reply can be sent within 10 working days).
- Your complaint will be investigated by one of our medical directors and a full response will normally be made within 20 working days of receipt of the complaint.
- Please see our complaints policy for more information.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The term ‘The Blackwell Clinic’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website and clinic owners whose registered office is The Blackwell Clinic 2 Upperton Gardens, Eastbourne, East Sussex, England, BN21 2AH. Our company registration number is 14649254. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Your access to and use of www.theblackwellclinic.com (the “Website”) is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website, you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE
The Blackwell Clinic reserves the right to change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that The Blackwell Clinic shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
DISCLAIMERS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, The Blackwell Clinic will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
The Blackwell Clinic makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Blackwell Clinic and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against The Blackwell Clinic arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
POLICY SKINCARE SHOP
Our skincare shop is exclusively stocked by products from Mesoestetics UK. All products are purchased online via The Blackwell Clinic website. The Blackwell Clinic is an intermediary and places your order directly with Mesoestetic UK who ship your order to you.
Any return of good should be sent directly back to Mesoestetics UK. If a refund is deemed owing after review of the policy below and liaising with Mesoestetics UK then this will be refunded by The Blackwell Clinic.
Please see our comprehensive returns information below from Mesoestetics regarding returns of items. This can be found at https://www.mesoestetic.co.uk/returns-and-exchanges
MESOESTETIC RETURNS POLICY
FAQ – CAN I RETURN AN ITEM?
We understand that on occasion you may need to return an item. Due to the nature of the products, we sell, items cannot always be returned. Please see the below information on whether you can return an item (this does not affect your statutory rights).
You cannot return an item if…
– The product has been opened.
– The product has been used.
– The goods are non-returnable for hygiene reasons.
You can return an item if…
– It has not been opened or used.
– It is in perfect resaleable condition.
– It is returned to us within 14 days of receipt of the order.
To return an item(s), please complete the returns form by following the link below – www.mesoestetic.co.uk/returns-form
Please note: any returns sent without authorisation from mesoestetic cannot be accepted. Authorisation will be granted once the returns form has been completed.
Please note: If you believe you have a product with a faulty pump, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org before returning an item. In many cases it will just be an airlock in the bottle, and we can explain how to release this and get the pump working as normal.
STANDARD RETURNS TERMS AND INFORMATION
- If a purchased product has been used or opened (manufacturer / factory seal no longer in place or packaging damaged), then it will not be eligible for a return, refund or exchange.
- If an item(s) is returned to us and it has been used / opened / is not in a resalable condition or does not pass the UV light checking process, the customer will be contacted and informed. The customer can then determine whether they would wish for us to dispose of the item(s) or whether they wish, at their own cost, to have the item(s) returned to them. No refund will be given for items returned that are not in a resalable condition.
- Returns postage is at your own cost and risk. We would recommend that you return your items via a tracked delivery service. Please clearly state on the returns form the reason for return and whether you require a refund or exchange. Please put a contact number on your returns form should you require an exchange. We will not be liable for any packages that are not received by us.
- If a pre-paid returns form has been issued, please ensure you keep a copy of this until your return has been processed. If proof of postage of a return is requested, please ensure all details are sent through including postage date and time.
- Any delivery charges paid for on an initial order are not eligible for a refund.
- Once a refund has been issued you will receive a confirmation email detailing the amount that has been refunded, and the item(s) that we have received back.
- Refunds can only be made to the billing details provided when ordering.
- We aim to process all returns as quickly as possible and you should receive confirmation of this within a week of having returned the item.
- If you exercise your right of cancellation after 14 days of receipt of the order, any returned goods must be in perfect resalable condition (inner and outer packaging fully intact) and are subject to a 25% re-stocking charge.
- All orders are processed in GBP (Great British Pounds) and refunds will be made in GBP. Mesoestetic UK cannot be held responsible for any exchange rate charges on foreign orders at the point of processing a refund. This is the responsibility of your bank or credit card processing company.
FURTHER RETURNS INFORMATION
It may be that you need to return an item for another reason other than listed above. This section provides more information on returns for the following:
– Damages / Shortages / Incorrect Products
– Faulty Products
– Reactions to Products
– Refused / Undeliverable Packages
Please note, in order to investigate any claims of faulty or damaged products, we will require the product and related packaging to be returned to mesoestetic UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept these claims without the relevant packaging as they must be returned and logged with the manufacturer.
DAMAGES / SHORTAGES / INCORRECT PRODUCTS
Please inspect goods fully on receipt. Any damages / shortages / incorrect products must be reported to mesoestetic UK in writing at email@example.com within 24 hours from receipt of goods, with full details of the issue, along with photographs of all packaging and contents.
If a return / refund / replacement / exchange is required, mesoestetic UK will provide full details on this process during email correspondence. This process may involve you completing a Non Receipt of Goods Declaration Form.
mesoestetic UK cannot accept responsibility for damages / shortages / incorrect products reported after the stated 24 hour period.
If you feel that an item you have receive is faulty, please report this immediately in writing with detailed information on the issue to mesoestetic UK at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the issue with the item, you may be required to complete a Product Query Form, and any item(s) deemed faulty might be sent back to the manufacturer for thorough testing.
If a return / refund / replacement / exchange is required due to a fault, mesoestetic UK will provide full details on this process during email correspondence.
REACTIONS TO PRODUCTS
Please note: It is the customer’s responsibility to patch test any product prior to use. Always check compatibility of any purchased products with other material facts that can affect results described. Please bear in mind these are very active products so you may well see a change in your skin.
If you have followed the above process but feel that you have had a reaction to a product, please immediately report this in writing to mesoestetic UK at email@example.com.
Depending on the issue with the item, you may be required to complete a comprehensive Product Reaction Authorisation Form and any item(s) in question might be sent back to the manufacturer for thorough testing. This form must be fully completed within 48 hours, including photographs of the reaction.
If a return / refund / replacement / exchange is required due to a reaction, mesoestetic UK will provide full details on what to do during email correspondence.
REFUSED / UNDELIVERABLE PACKAGES
In the case of a parcel being returned to mesoestetic UK due to an incorrect delivery address being provided, the customer not collecting from their collection depot or the customers not paying the VAT charges on entry then a re-delivery cost will be charged. The costs for this are the same as the standard delivery charges.
If the customer chooses to cancel the order in this instance instead of re-posting, the original postage and packaging cost covered by mesoestetic UK will not be refunded (as per the costs above) and a processing fee of £10 will be charged.